Saturday, June 20, 2009

regarding the current state of iran

my friend james wrote this, i'm copying it because it expresses my heart well.



Over the last few days, I've been following #IranElection on Twitter as closely as anyone, and never in my life have I been more horrified.

After a fixed election, the majority of the civilians have taken to the street in protest, and at an increasing rate, they are being arrested and SNIPED from the tops of buildings and helicopters. They are being shanked by plain clothes Basij, the soldiers loyal to the false "leader".

But they don't stop. They protests and rallies are getting bigger every day. These people are leaving their homes and putting their lives at risk because they are tired of being beaten down on. They are tired of being prisoners. They want to be free, and the courage that they continue to show in defense of basic human rights is incredible to me. I can only hope I would do the same.

And as I wrote that last paragraph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsOPOmmdjZc

a man was shot in the face by a sniper. they are not fighting back, they are not using violence. they're just being killed.

i dont know exactly why i wrote this. i just care. im deeply disturbed by what's happening in Iran at this very moment but possibly even more by the fact that aside from maybe 3 of the people that I'm in some way connected to through this website, no one else does.

If you don't, fine. I can't make you. But if you do, say something. Spread the word. Innocent people are being murdered because they want freedom.

Sound familiar?

No comments: