Saturday, January 17, 2009

Heavy Stuff



Why is it so hard to be an example of Christ sometimes?

Why do I learn from my mistakes, only to repeat them again in the near future?
Sometimes I wish I was perfect. Perfect people clearly don't have to deal with this kind of stuff.


But even in bleak times I know that God is steadfast, and I find this very encouraging.

Among other encouraging things is this: I look around and see people like Tim (tnellis.blogspot.com), and I know that he was once not the way he is now. He did not become the man of God that he is now without his own share of struggles. And even though he is a man of God, he still is far from perfection. But that almost goes without saying. The word "man" sort of presupposes the idea of constant imperfection, unless you're talking about Jesus.

Anyways, I have faith God will see me through this hard time. And I'll be a better person from it.

1 comment:

Morgan Miller said...

This post is so beautiful it almost made me cry.

Such is life -- a struggle to be Christlike.
Thank you for your honesty and clarity.

I do feel though, it seems that sometimes you wish to be perfect not because you want to be like Christ, but because you want to avoid having (or creating) any problems. Which is not a good reason.
Even Jesus had to deal with lots of problems. Maybe not as a result of his own failings, but rather as a result of ours.
He wasn't free from it though, and neither shall you be.

Please don't give up, my friend!
And take heart, for it is well worth the struggle.

I have faith that God will see you through this too. :)