Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's official.

I have a new favorite band:

Animal Collective


Yes, dethroning even the almighty Norma Jean and Sigur Ròs. I purchased their Water Curses EP earlier today which was released in May of 2008, so it's their most recent stuff. The only other album of theirs that I physically own is Sung Tongs, from 2004, that I got for Christmas.

I like to think that I have a fairly decent grasp on the nature of this band, but with every new purchase I find that I am horribly mistaken. I find them completely unpredictable, and I love it. It seems to me that such creativity that is both pleasantly bizarre and pure genius is pretty hard to come by. I feel almost foolish for not discovering them earlier, but I'm glad that I finally have. :)

I eagerly look forward to completing my (presently small) collection of their music!
For those of you who have listened to them, what do you think?

2 comments:

Morgan Miller said...

Your old favourite band(s) saw this coming.

Þakka Þú said...

WOOHOOO